Welcome to the April 2022 Newsletter. The year is certainly flying by. It has been a very busy start to the year with covid still rearing it’s ugly head. On top of that we as a community and our organisation have endured a flood and one of our cars was involved in an accident.
- We were very organised with the flood.
- We moved into a temporary office in Mellor Street.
- Thankyou to Dodt’s Floorcoverings who have rented us the office for as long as needed.
- Car 1 was rear ended in Brisbane. No one was injured fortunately.
- Donation of a replacement vehicle.
- Next project - cars with their sponsorship logos. And a special event.
Welcome to the December 2021 Newsletter. The year has certainly flown by. I have no doubt one of the reasons is because our GMT office is seeing a marked increase in demand for services provided. This means our marketing strategy and community interaction is reaching the people who need to be informed of the great work GMT are doing.
- With successful funding from the grants received throughout the year our drivers are off to roadcraft for a one day driver course.
- Chamber of Commerce Awards night - 2 runner up awards.
- Call for more drivers.
- Donations from Rotary and one other.
- Our Christmas raffle fundraiser.
Welcome to the September 2021 Newsletter. I am pleased to report the community need for service being offered by Gympie Medical Transport has increased dramatically over the last three months. Our marketing and word of mouth is having a positive impact on the service GMT is offering the residents of Gympie.
- GMT’s President won the Lions Club of Gympie Citizen of the Year Award 2021!
- 53,610 kilometres in the last 3 months
- Introducing Fay, GMT’s Volunteer Finance Officer
- Meet Miss Molly the Mascot
- We asked Jackie and Malcolm to share their thoughts about their travel time with GMT
- Late news flash
Welcome to our June 2021 Newsletter. Already, we are halfway through the year and time seems to be flying by. The GMT office is seeing a marked increase in demand for services provided. This means our marketing strategy and community interaction is reaching the people who need to be informed of the great work GMT are doing.
Some interesting statistics to date for your information - we now have over 300 referrals, 200 clients using our services, our cars have travelled 40,000 kilometres since February, and we are now in possession of our 4th car.
- Federal Member for Wide Bay Llew O’Brien visits GMT office
- 4 Cars are now transporting clients to their medical appointments
- 40,000 kilometres travelled since Februay
- Visits to the community
Welcome to our first GMT Newsletter for 2021. It is hard to believe we are already three months into the new year. Certainly, a lot has happened in that time. We are now fully operational from 39 Monkland Street, and our service to the community has steadily increased. On Wednesday 23 March, the new Gympie Medical Transport office was officially opened by Glen Hartwig Mayor of Gympie. The opening ceremony commenced at 4.00 p.m. with Welcome to Country by Gubbi Gubbi Elder Auntie Lillian. Invited guests were able to view the building and one of the client transport cars. At the conclusion of the official opening, invited guests were able to view the offices and enjoyed some light refreshments.
- Our GMT offices were officially opened on 23 March 2021
- Gympie Flexi School students present a painting
- GMT now has a third car on the road
- 314 volunteer administration hours
- Visits to the community