Need Transport for Medical Appointments?
We offer transport service to non-urgent medical appointments for residents of the Gympie Regional Council area.
Our volunteer drivers will pick you up from home, take you to your appointment and wait to take you safely home. A maximum wait time of 6 hours applies (please notify driver if your appointment time extends).
Office Hours: 8.30am—12:30pm (Mon-Fri)
Drivers and Cars Accredited by Queensland Transport
Travelling to: Brisbane area - Sunshine Coast (all areas) - Noosa - Cooroy - Nambour - Buderim - Caloundra - Hervey Bay
Gympie Medical Transport is 100% volunteer driven organisation and are always on the lookout for more helping hands.
- Are you semi-retired?
- Do you have some spare time or not enough to do to fill in your retirement days?
- Are you over 60 and need to fulfil 15 hours for Centrelink Jobseeker?
Consider becoming a valued member of Gympie Medical Transport’s volunteer team to
- Become a volunteer driver and get to meet some remarkable clients, listen to their stories, and enjoy their company while you take them to and from their appointments, anywhere from Hervey Bay to Brisbane in one of our new cars. To become a driver, you will undergo a 3 hour training with Gympie Medical Transport to gain your Restricted Driver’s Authorisation with Department of Transport.
- Assisting in the office with administration, taking phone bookings, photocopying, general office duties.
- Help with fund raising – raffles, sausage sizzles, attending events.
- Assisting the Fleet manager with the weekly car cleaning.
- Do you have a passion for IT? Are you a web guru, have a great understanding of spreadsheets and databases?
If any of the above areas are of interest to you, please give the office a call on 07 5371 9823 and arrange to call in to collect some paperwork or alternatively, call in and see us at 39 Monkland Street, on the roundabout below the IGA. (see map below) Complete your paperwork and be ready to start.
Establish a community-driven organisation staffed by volunteers that provides quality non-urgent medical transportation for residents of Gympie and Regions to specialist centres and hospitals as far north as Hervey Bay, south to Brisbane and all points between.
We have had significant encouragement and support from the Gympie Regional Council and State Government and Federal Government members, along with support from Gympie and District Freemasons, the Lions Club of Gympie, and some local benefactors.
Page 3 of 3